With the summer months fast approaching we start to spend a lot of time outside. I love to dive in the summer months and go snorkeling for scallops.
One of my favourite diving accessories is my retro diving mask, its one of the best retro diving mask ive used and its usually my go to.
Scalloping can be a lot of fun and i love cooking so both diving, and cooking gives me great pleasure and i do it as often as i can.
Below ive put together a list of the best retro diving masks i feel are available.
Our Top 5:
The Best Retro Dive Mask
Aqua Lung Atlantis Single Lens Dive Mask
- High-volume single lens masks gives an excellent field of view
- Available only in black, with black silicone skirt
- Silicone skirt delivers an improved fit and more secure seal against the skin
- Shatterproof, tempered glass lens suitable for diving and snorkeling
I purchased this based on the increase in peripheral vision. A+ in that aspect.
This mask is heavier than the newer masks that have a dorsal area. I enjoyed the traditional mask style.
My husband also enjoyed the increase in peripheral vision, however, it does seem to fog up quicker. Again, this is more than likely due to not prepping the mask, rather than the mask itself.
Mask is well constructed and sturdy. Aqua Lung is a great product. Well worth the price.
IST M27 Tortuga Traditional Oval Single Lens Mask
- Classic, traditional single lens mask in retro oval shape
- Tempered glass, scratch-resistant window for clarity and safety
- Rubber skirt and strap for great seal and comfort
- Easily adjustable buckles and strap for precise fit
- Great underwater photography mask, a favorite among diving traditionalists
This mask is comfortable and seals around my face very well. I get the full field of vision and no contact on my nose.
Love the retro styling and view
Great mask for freediving and snorkeling.
I am looking forward to my upcoming dive trip. If I have any issues I will update this review.
Seavenger Hydra Retro Oval Dive Mask
- OVAL SHAPE — The round retro shape features a single lens and a bright, fun style.
- SCRATCH RESISTANT — Impact and scratch resistant glass holds up to rough and grainy sands.
- COMFORTABLE STRAP — The wide head strap reduces pressure around the face and eyes.
- ADJUSTABLE BUCKLES — Get the perfect fit with adjustable buckles at both sides of the mask strap.
- GREAT FOR DIVING — Two small pockets at the nose allow for easy equalization while scuba diving.
Love the option of a different color here.
Cute, retro and Pink, what’s not to LOVE!
Similar to the previous mask reviewed and single-lens with plenty of view.
Definitely a good option for freediving and snorkeling and shallower dives.
Cressi F1, Scuba Diving Snorkeling Frameless Mask
- Frameless masks are loved by many divers for their low-profile and ability to fold flat for easy carrying, even in a BC pocket.
- Cressi’s frameless design bonds a high-grade silicone skirt directly to a single lens for the ultimate in simplicity.
- The lens is made of tempered glass and certified by the CE (Communauté Européenne).
- The low-internal volume allows for effortless clearing and quick-adjust strap buckles are molded directly into the skirt for a flexible fit and reduced drag. It also represents an unbeatable value, with a cost roughly half that of similar masks.
- The F1 is designed in Italy by Cressi and made in Taiwan. Cressi is an Italian brand pioneer in scuba diving, snorkeling and swimming equipment since 1946.
I bought this mask because I had problems with other ones putting a lot of pressure on my forehead and the bridge of my nose .
Seals perfectly on my face
The silicone skirt around the mask is very soft and forms a good tight seal.
Use white toothpaste and rub it into the glass part of the mask , then wash it out well with clean water. This really really helps to keep the mask from having fogging issues as it removes the film that comes on the glass from the factory.
Hollis M4 Frameless Mask
- Frameless silicon skirt
- Rugged mask box and adjustable mask strap included
- Increased vision and low volume
I like this mask alot, it fits a wide range of faces from mine to smaller faces.
This mask isnt prone to leak and is relatively low volume and easy to clean and clear.
The slide to tighten and loose is a nice added feature so you can adjust it to your face and likening.
There are more upscale and costlier masks available but this is great as an all-round and versatile mask.
If you are into freediving, scuba and snorkeling, one of the above dive masks will work for you as they have for me. We hope you enjoyed this review of the best retro dive mask.
Some of our other Retro product reviews can be read here