Coffee is a life saver period haha or at least it is for me!
For as long as i can remember ive always drank coffee especially in the mornings and fast forward to my life now a days i drink at least 2-3 cups per day.
In my kitchen taking pride and place is my retro coffee maker, its cool, unique and super funky. Its kind of like my best friend in the morning as without it, my day doesn’t get started.
What kind of coffee do you drink, i prefer the grounded specialist coffee having broken away from instant sometime ago and having traveled to places like Colombia where it is grown in abundance i made the switch to freshly ground coffee.
I wanted to share some cool retro coffee makers with you, some are old school coffee makers and some are modern appliances with a retro look and feel.
My Top 8 Retro Coffee Makers
Nostalgia Retro 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker
- 12-CUP CAPACITY: Brews up to 12-cups of coffee at a time, making it ideal for everyday use and entertaining
- PROGRAMMABLE: The programmable 24-hour clock and delay timer allows you to schedule your brewing so you can have hot coffee when you wake up
- PAUSE & SERVE: Need your coffee ASAP? The Pause & Serve feature lets you pour a cup while coffee is still brewing
- BOIL DRY PROTECTION: The two-hour automatic shut-off is built in for safety incase you forgot to turn your coffee pot off
- KEEP WARM: After the coffee is finished brewing, the automatic keep-warm function will keep your coffee warm for two hours
- SIMPLE CONTROLS: There are three controls – On/Off, Program and Hour/Minute. The backlit LED display makes controls easy to read
- ANTI-DRIP: The included carafe has anti-drip design so you avoid any messes when pouring coffee
- WATER LEVEL MARKINGS: The interior reservoir tank has easy-to-read level markings so you know how much water to put in
- REUSABLE FILTER: Reusable filter and removable filter basket are included
WHAT WE LIKE:
The look and feel of this is super cool, it is in a very glorious and retro RED!
Has modern buttons and is programmable so you can make the settings as you desire
It has a boil dry protection on it meaning if you forget you’ve left it on boiling your favourite coffee away, it switches off after it runs dry, great saftey feature!
Coffee stays nice and hot even after its boiled which is the way i like my coffee!
Great price and affordable for all
WHAT COULD BE BETTER:
Lid can be a bit cumbersome but not a deal breaker
Some people have said they had issues pouring from the jug but ive not experienced this.
InnoLife 12-Cup Coffee Maker Coffeemaker
- On/off indicator light lets you know when your coffeemaker is on or off
- Removable filter basket lifts out for fast and easy filling and cleaning
- Brewing pause ‘n serve lets you pour a cup of coffee while the coffeemaker is still brewing
- Dual water window shows the amount of water in the reservoir for accurate filling
- Stain-Resistant Warming Plate is easy to clean and prevents staining
This is a great coffee maker if you are wanting something basic and affordable.
Its simple to use and easy to clean.
It makes great coffee and i like the dual water level so you can always see how much water is in the tank before it runs dry.
It can hold 12 cups of water to make 12 cups of coffee and thats more than enough even for a large household.
Definitely a great choice for those that want something affordable but does the job
Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Coffeemaker
- 12-cup coffeemaker with user-friendly control panel and digital display
- Programmable clock/timer for “wake-up” coffee; brew-pause function
- Glass carafe with stay-cool handle, measuring marks, and drip-free pour spout
- Nonstick hot plate; 2-hour automatic shut-off for safety; easy-to-clean removable parts
- Measures approximately 11 by 8 by 14-inch; 1-year limited warranty
WHAT WE LIKE:
I used to have a Mr. Coffee, but, after 15 years, it didn’t work that well.
This one is way better!
I love the design and the color scheme goes well in my kitchen at the office
This one we’ve had now for 3 years and its still going strong and we use it a lot every day!
I find it doesnt produce much condensation which is good, unlike other coffee makers.
It also pour well and doesnt drip
Great price and a good option for anyone!
WHAT COULD BE BETTER:
The glass carafe you should be careful with as it could break if not handled properly. Ours has lasted but its good to point out to you as you will need to be careful when cleaning.
Technivorm Moccamaster Coffee Brewer
If you love great coffee, buy this machine!
If you love retro, buy this machine!
Absolutely love this retro coffee maker, it screams retro and makes delicious coffee!
Moccomaster is very well known brand and has been manufacturing coffee makers for years, they are trusted and build long lasting appliances.
The simplicity of this coffee maker makes it a joy to use.
The taste of the coffee far exceeds what I was getting from our previous coffee maker. The temperature is consistent, and it makes HOT coffee!
Ninja Single-Serve, Pod-Free Coffee Maker Bar
- Pod-free single serve with the Ninja XL hot & cold Multi-Serve tumbler
- Built-in frother to brew, froth and drink-all in your favorite mug
- Custom brews: classic, rich, or over ice; or signature brews: specialty and Cafe forte
- Custom brew sizes: cup, XL cup, Travel mug and XL Multi-Serve
- Advanced thermal flavor extraction technology and Auto-iQ one-touch Intelligence
WHAT WE LIKE:
The Ninja, the machine first drips just enough hot water evenly, over the grounds, to saturate them really well before starting the brewing cycle.
Love the milk frothing system to make cappuccino if you want.
Depending of the size of your cup you use at home or a travel mug for on the drive/commute to work, this machine has got you covered and can produce enough coffee accordingly.
It also has a cleaning cycle which helps you keep clean and also prevents the life cycle of the machine itself.
Definitely a good option for those regular and heavy coffee drinkers!
WHAT COULD BE BETTER:
Price might not be at everyone’s budget but its a great coffee machine that will last a long time.
BUNN 12-Cup Commercial Coffee Brewer
The BUNN coffee maker is more of a commercial come home coffee maker. It works really well and has 2 hot plates on top of the machine to keep your coffee warm.
It makes delicious coffee quick and is consistent.
It can take up some space on the counter so make sure you check the sizing is right for you.
No on off switch on the machine as it s designed to stay on and keep coffee warm, hence the commercial element to it. Great if you want it for say an office vs home use and to keep all the staff with hot delicious coffee. Just unplug it when not in use!
Elite Cuisine 3-in-1 Multifunction Breakfast Center
- Ease in to your morning with your 3-1 multi-function breakfast station. Prepare your Coffee, toast and eggs at one time saving you time and space on your counter.
- The toaster oven is 500 watts with a 15 minute timer and indicator light which allows you the time to wake up while your oven does the work.
- The 4 cup coffeemaker has a pause ‘n serve feature and a swing-out compartment for your reusable filter adding to the much needed convenience We all want in the morning.
- The 6-inch griddle is designed to prepare your eggs and other foods. It is easy to remove and clean saving you time in the morning to start your day The right way.
- The 3-1 multifunction breakfast station is easy to operate with a simple on/ off switch while providing you all of the functions of one appliance instead off three.
Great addition to any dorm room or camper van!
Makes food and coffee, what could be better !
Cooks an egg in 7-10 mins and brews a real good coffee, even makes great waffles!
The top heating element also works as a great griddle!
Highly recommend this wonderful multi-functional oven and coffee maker!
Hopefully you found one of the above coffee makers suitable for your needs and I wanted to share a few options for you. Some are suitable for smaller usages and others for more regular office mass style usage.
Have a great day and don’t forget to check out our other articles